Sunday 3 August 2008

European Tour. Mental.

So here we are on our first headline tour of Europe, it is, as the headline suggests, mental.
We drove three days to get to Hungary to play 'Azfeszt' which was a strange experience! Hungarian people are crazy! We had fun though, and we got to swim in a thermal bath so I'm not complaining. We went to the hostel that is used in the film Hostel (maybe) which was creepy as fuck so me and Sam stayed in the van. I woke up at 7 covered in sweat with a stinking hang over. It was fucking horrible!
I can't believe how freakin hot it is here, some of the drives have been insane. We played Vienna on friday in some tiny little club and it was pretty much the hottest day of all time. Again the show was cool though, there were a bunch of awesome dudes that came to the show, including two guys that were from Vancouver!
I got a bleeding nose for no reason whilst eating some pizza and Ali suggested that I stuff some tissue up there whilst I eat. I did this and once I had finished I realised that the tissue had gone. I was a little suspicious that I had snorted it up my nose but everyone thought I was being mental. Two hours later though I blew a massive piece of tissue out of my nose. It was mental. And disgusting.
We stayed in some hostel and then had to get up early (again) and drive to Sucks n Summer fest in Leisnig, Germany. We got there at 7 and caught a bit of Sworn Enemy and Wisdom in Chains, before we played (I don't know why we were above Sworn Enemy but whatever). It was a total hardcore festival but we went down ok I guess so it was all good, although I thought Sam might get bottled if he wasn't careful.
We had an insane amount of beer and got absolutely destroyed before we broke into some mental swimming pool that had a massive diving board. We got chucked out after like 20 minutes though which sucked!!! We managed to blag some weed from the food stall for free and got even more wasted which was awesome, although this morning I woke up at 8 after four hours sleep feeling like shit and I kinda wished I hadnt had the last couple of drinks......We spent most of the night trying to speak german to german people and I the process probably just pissing them off. Oh well! We also made a scene in the merch area by throwing beer over each other, so sorry to anyone who had to witness that!
Today we're in Cologne, in fact we're on in about an hour. We've never played here, never mind headlined here so its kinda scary but there seems to be a decent amount of people here right now so hopefully it'll be cool!
Thanks to anyone who has come along to the shows so far, we're totally stoked so far, hopefully the rest of the tour will be just as good!
Check out some pictures man!
Dan

01082008779
Sams new style.

30072008766
Traffic in the heat sucks!

29072008764
Our lovely driver Stanley Somerville

31072008776
Hanging in Hungary

30072008768
Stan and God

03082008790
There are no words.

03082008788
A five star hotel called 'Gym'

03082008791
Checking in Koln and that.

5 comments:

Jess said...

love the gym picture haha.
Hope the tour continues to be good!

Ming Zhe W said...

For a second I thought Sam was taking the piss out of quintessentially Aryan Germans, ha.

Keep the rawkkkin please xx

Anonymous said...

tom has a little beard aw!

and that bit about you blowing tissue out of your nose was disgusting hahaha.

hope you're having fun! x

Glenn Catteeuw said...

looks like you're having fun! see you tomorrow and the day after! x

Anonymous said...

http://www.architectsban.webs.com as http://www.seekangroup.com Read more about Green eco architectural designs are reusable materials, green designs etc.. ..… Create an Eco friendly Green design… Save Earth.. http://www.interiordesignersbangalore.com/" as of natural materials http://www.interiordesignersinbangalore.com with almost modern concepts using A few quick ways to reduce your personal carbon footprint: employ eco-friendly methods of travel, eat, minimize use of plastic products and save electricity, water, paper and use of non-toxic alternatives http://www.architectsbangalore.com Carbon Footprint is a measure of the impact human activities have on the environment in terms of the amount of greenhouse gases produced, measured ternds